I’m a little behind in revisiting these. I really should have provided updates in March, but hey, I’m making some serious progress with these, so I think that makes up for my lack of update!
1) Get fit again. I’m an athlete dammit. (Gym membership secured for the next three months)
-Hell to the yes. Zumba classes three days a week, burning about 600 calories on the Crossramp, and training for a 5K in July. I’ve also had to get my bridesmaid dress refitted a few times due to some pretty sweet weight loss. Lookin’ fly. :)
2) Transfer $50-$100 each pay period into my savings account and keep my credit card bills in check.
-This hasn’t been happening for every paycheck, but most of the time, it’s every other. I also started some freelance editorial work that will help with increasing my savings.
3) Limit alcohol consumption to social gatherings and the occasional glass of wine with dinner. (Cleansing for the entire month of January)
-The cleanse went down without a hitch. One glass of champagne for the Fringe finale (necessary). I was doing pretty good with this until all of the Boston Marathon awfulness happened. Plan to keep this one in mind in the coming months.
4) SAPPY. I would really like to regain connections with the people from my past who made me a better human being.
-Absolutely! I have really been reconnecting with my CSCers. This makes me very happy. Hoping to have a reunion when everyone is a) back in the States, b) graduated, and c) not working like crazy.
5) Travel as much as I can and as much as my bank account will allow.
-This somehow turned into concerts instead of travel. No complaints on my end though. Boston Calling Music Festival, Bon Jovi, OAR/Andrew McMahon, and Matchbox 20/Goo Goo Dolls all in the pipeline for the summer. NYC trip planned for August. Hopefully, the latter half of the year will throw some more traveling my way.
6) Treat myself like a champion. (This one is rather vague, but I have some specifics in mind that I’ll discuss later)
-Really been on the ball with this. It’s nice to look in the mirror and love the person that is smiling back (I know, lame, but whatever). I’ve been trying to take some time to myself when I need it too.
7) Procrastinate less at work. (This is ironic considering I am typing this post whilst at my desk…)
-Eh. This one is rough. Some days are extremely productive and others are complete shit shows. I also need to start really cracking down on my to-do lists. On the upside, forecasting/budgeting for FY2014 has been going really well.
8) Read multiple books at once. (Achieved…at the moment: Reading The Night Circus and A Storm of Swords)
-Still achieving greatness. Currently reading The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell, and Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline.
9) Take some risks. (Another vague one…I’ll ponder this over the next few months)
-Definitely living and breathing this one in just about every category of my life. From June-December, I hope to think even less and just go for the things I want without getting hung up on every consequence lingering out there, especially the ones that aren’t going to matter in the long run.
10) Don’t panic about the small stuff. Try to breathe.
-This is another one that has taken a backseat since my life has been particularly stressful from January-May. Things are calming down, and I hope to focus more on this when I’m in those moments where I want to freak the eff out. However, I will say that I’ve been a little less temperamental than usual. I am less likely to snap than I was last year at this time.
11) Write more. TUMBLR…let’s do this!
-Two words: Electric Feast. I should be writing a piece at least once a week once the site launches. TUMBLR, I’m sorry I’ve been neglecting you.
Less of this attitude STARTING NOW.